BARRIERTA L 25 DL is based on perfluorinated polyether oil and PTFE and thus resistant to many media such as water or hydrocarbons.
- Do you need to attain low friction coefficients in elastomer/metal or plastic/plastic friction points over a long time and across a wide temperature range? BARRIERTA L 25 DL can help you keep friction low even at temperatures of -25°C, especially when lubricating door seals, for example in train doors. This will
- enable you to meet requirements for low pressure variations in trains going through tunnels and constant actuating forces for doors over a wide temperature range.
- Do your customers expect a long service life of seals, even if they are frequently exposed to direct sunlight? BARRIERTA L 25 DL absorbs some of the sunlight's UV radiation, keeping the seal pliant for longer.
- Do you need a lubricant that is compatible with sensitive materials? Field experience has shown the product's good compatibility with many sensitive plastic materials such as PC, or with elastomers such as EPDM.
- Do you have optical applications requiring a lubricant that does not form a condensate on lenses? With the low vapour pressure of its base oil, BARRIERTA L 25 DL offers what it takes to prevent the formation of condensates.
- Content: 1kg can
- Available in 200g can, 1kg can, 10kg bucket
Your benefits at a glance:
- Compatibility with plastics and elastomers, e.g. EPDM or silicone elastomers
- Low friction forces in plastic/plastic and elastomer/metal combinations
- Good resistance to water
- Slower ageing of elastomers exposed to sunlight
- BARRIERTA L 25 DL is preferably used for lubricating seals in train doors. It has also been used as a special lubricant for optical equipment for many years.
- Seals in train doors should be free from impurities prior to initial lubrication.
- For use in precision optics, we recommend cleaning the friction point prior to initial application first with white spirit 180/210 and then with Klüberalfa XZ 3-1.
- Then blow the surfaces with clean, dry compressed air or hot air to remove solvent residues. For initial lubrication, the friction points must be clean and bright,
- i.e. free from oil, grease, perspiration and contamination. To optimise lubricant life, please contact our Technical Sales staff.
|Chemical composition, solid lubricant||PTFE|
|Chemical composition, type of oil||PFPE|
|Lower service temperature||-40°C / -40°F|
|Upper service temperature||150 °C / 302 °F|
|Density at 20 °C||approx. 1.95 g/cm³|
|Worked penetration, DIN ISO 2137, 25 °C, lower limit value||270 x 0.1 mm|
|Worked penetration, DIN ISO 2137, 25 °C, upper limit value||300 x 0.1 mm|
|Shear viscosity at 25 °C, shear rate 300 s-1; equipment:rotational viscometer||approx. 4 000 mPas|
|Kinematic viscosity, DIN 51562 pt. 01/ASTM D-445/ASTM D 7042, 100 °C||approx. 11 mm²/s|
|Kinematic viscosity of the base oil, DIN 51562 pt. 01/ASTM D-445/ASTM D 7042, 40 °C||approx. 90 mm²/s|
|Flow pressure of lubricating greases, DIN 51805, test temperature: -40°C||<= 1 400 mbar|
|Water resistance, DIN 51807 pt. 01, 3h/90 °C, rating||0 - 90|
| Minimum shelf life from the date of manufacture in a dry, frostfree place and in the unopened|
original container, approx.
Klüber BARRIERTA L 25 DL Special lubricating grease